Sunday, March 21, 2010

Life's ups and downs

Part of an entry listing answers to prayer.
"Another direct answer I received was when I was Primary President and I was running around during class taking care of various things. I suddenly realized I'd misplaced my church keys - the whole set. I looked and looked all over the building. I checked every place I could think of - even the trash. I had other people looking. I really grew frantic. I was the only person in Primary who had all those keys and I really needed to use them. Someone suggested I pray. So I found a quiet spot and pleaded with the Lord to help me. I sat quiet for a minute and then a picture came into my mind of where those keys were. I could see them hanging in the nursery toy closet door. I got up and went into that classroom and there they were. I really do have a testimony of how close our Father is to us. And he's willing to help us with even the smallest little problems - because they're big problems to us. He lives - and He loves me. I know it."
May 12, 1981
" The last few weeks have sure had their ups and downs. The Datsun broke down, our septic got full and backed up and we had to have it pumped, the motor in our well pump burned out and our stove broke down. We keep wondering what's next? We are totally out of money and sinking fast. We had to take out a loan to buy the well pump. The savings is gone and our accounts are all dry. I don't know what we're going to do. I've got $11.00 to get us through the rest of May. It's really depressing sometimes."

1 comment:

  1. Why do we have to ever be poor? I was talking to Gavin in the car the other day and I don't remember what it was about but we were laughing our heads off... anyway, he asked me something and I answered him with "mommy and daddy are poor." I luahged at his reaction as he paused and thought about it and then said "ahh.. I'm sorry mom." It was too funny! He crackes me up. I don't know how he knew it was a sad thing I had said. Anyway, love the answer to prayer entry. SOmethimes I wonder if my pleadings aren't that important to be asking for him to answer. I have such a difficult time recieving answers. I hope it will be something that will come more easily to me over time and practice.

    ReplyDelete