I had a long talk with myself one night. I wonder if that's what helped? Living out where we do, I have plenty of time as I drive home and one night after a mutual activity, I talked to myself the whole way. I decided to never again be negative about my church assignment. And then I verbally decided not to worry about getting certain things done... until this church assignment was through. My life history will wait, the family history will wait, I can sew some more clothes next year. I'll take a vacation from baking... I'll keep my house clean but not antiseptic. - So- when I formally released myself for a time from those responsibilities, life suddenly seemed less pressured and more in balance. I'm sure that helped my whole attitude."
Sunday, April 11, 2010
August 17, 1981 My calling.
"It's funny, being Young Women's President is really starting to grow on me. I'm starting to really love the program and those girls - all of them. For awhile I just always felt so "burdened". So much to worry about, so much to do. I caught myself counting the months till my release. But my whole attitude is changed now. I don't want to be released at all. I love working with those girls. I look forward to Sundays. I can't wait till January when I'll get the older Mia Maid girls coming in to my group.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This posting caused me to relate it to what I have been trying to balance in my own life right now. I need to know the right balance of the time I need to spend playing one on one with Gavin and the time cleaning/getting things done around the house/apartment complex. I struggle internally with this daily. Should I be spending every minute that Gavin is awake focused on him and use the nap times to get the stuff I need done. Or can I spend time doing it while he's awake and not feel guilty trying to relax and do things I WANT to do while he sleeps.
ReplyDelete