Sunday, September 19, 2010

journal Aug 22, 1982

"There are some things I'm working on that I should record here. I'm trying (again) to really be a more patient, understanding mother. I've gotten so short tempered with the kids and I'm afraid they're just going to follow my example. I don't want my kids to yell at each other, so why do I yell at them? I don't want them to hit people, yet I'm always threatening to slap hands and spank bottoms. So, I've really tried to be a lot more aware of my actions and how they could affect them.
I'm going to try, too, to be more loving and giving toward Mark. He's the most important person in my life and I think I've been neglecting him lately. We talk a lot about trying to be of service to others. I think I should start by losing myself in service to him. THEN I'll try to move on to everybody else."

1 comment:

  1. Amen!!! Amen!! Amen! Good to know you were worried about this. I don't remember you ever yelling or threatening to spank. I'm really trying (and often failing) to get this down too... maybe if I can do it soon, they won't remember either.

    ReplyDelete