Sunday, August 7, 2011

journal Sept 29, 1987 seriously?

"These past few weeks have been incredibly awful. One thing right after another. I mean really, if it weren't so frustrating it would be funny. First of all, the day after the Arnolds left the kids started throwing up. They each took turns (except Kristen). By Thursday morning Mark and I both had it too. We laid on the couch for 2 days with stomach flu. Marilyn came and took the kids home for 2 days. Then just as I was starting to get stronger I got an eye infection. It got horrible and went into both eyes. I fought that for a week. During that week our dining room was attacked by ants, and that night we found a scorpion on the wall by the baby's bed. I had to have the dining area sprayed (so we had to leave for 4 hours). I couldn't go see anyone because my eye infection was contagious so we shopped and drove around. Just as that all started to get better, Mark got a really bad ear infection. He went to the doctor for that and got on medication. Then Tina and Kevin came up for the weekend and we managed to have a great time. The day after they left, just as we're thinking what else could happen? - Mark doubles over in pain and comes home from work. The doctor thought it was appendicitis and checked him again the next morning (which, by the way, is the second day of school) . After they checked him they sent us over to Saint Agnes Hospital for surgery. Once they opened him up they discovered it was much more than appendicitis. It was diverticulitis. A piece of his colon was infected and ruptured. They spent 2 1/2 hours on him, cutting out the infected piece and everything. They brought up a colonoscopy and sewed him up. He spent a week in the hospital in awful pain and now he's home recuperating slowly. Soon as Mark came home I caught a cold and then the baby got pink eye. What else could possibly happen?"

No comments:

Post a Comment