Sunday, February 26, 2012

journal August 7, 1988

"This last month has been fun but,... I'm exhausted. My alarm goes off at 5:30 every day so that I'll have that morning time to get things done without interruption. Book work, Young Women things, housework etc. 8:00am - The kids get up and start chores. I take Makiko, (the Japanese student that's staying with us for a month) to her bus. Once the chores are done we're off and running - Swim League, swimming lessons, dance class, rehearsals, piano lessons, grocery shopping, school shopping, presidency meetings, errands, zoom home and put together dinner - all in 100 degrees plus weather. Evenings I make phone calls and clean up kids. Somewhere in there I managed to prepare and teach 2 Primary lessons and a Relief Society lesson. Yesterday Amy was baptized. I can hardly believe my little Amy could be that old. She looked so sweet. My girls, Sobeck's girls and Brooke and Jesse Randle sang "The Good Shepherd". Afterward we had everybody over to our house to celebrate. Sobecks, Randles, Stotts, Hamels and Randy and Colleen Mom & Dad Lundquist made it to town just in time for the baptism and they will be staying for a few days. I'm glad, the girls enjoy them. Now I just need some sleep - if I could just relax that long."

No comments:

Post a Comment