Sunday, March 20, 2011

journal April 1986

"Things are going lots better. I was getting so tense there for awhile that I was getting headaches every day. I've gotten down to one every few weeks now, and I'm feeling much better.
Mark and Lauri Randle moved up here to Fresno in March. Now we've formed a partnership called "Outdoor Environments Landscape Design and Development." Mark Randle has taken over the office completely. Now there's 2 desks, 2 drawing boards, a plan table, 2 filing cabinets, 2 phones and our brand new Apple computer. Mark Randle figures all the bids, pays the bills, and meets with all the commercial contractors, and orders all the materials.
My Mark draws all the plans, runs the jobs and meets with all the residential job owners. We brought a personal line into the house and took the business phone out to the office - so I don't have to answer that awful phone all day everyday and handle the problems that come in. It's WONDERFUL.
The guys set up an answer phone for when they're not in the office and for at night. They work long hours but when they quit, they quit!!! No more business at home, people calling all through dinner and into the night with questions or problems.
Mark's a better Dad, I've got more time and less problems so I'm a better mom.
I really have a lot of faith in this new business. Both Marks are talented and have so much experience between them. I really think we're going to pull ourselves out of a real financial and emotional hole this year - and be a happier family."

1 comment: